Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychology for Weight Loss
Losing weight can seem very tough. Sometimes you feel like you are doing everything right, yet still not getting results.
There is so much information available about losing weight that you are likely to be confused and undecided what to do about it.
There are a couple of things that you need to consider
- Your body was created and adapted to pass through famine times, our ancestors used to eat when food was available and fast when it was not.
- Your mind plays the most important role in deciding what you put in your mouth, but your gut plays also a role, as batteries living there are all the time sending information to your brain begging for food.
- Sugar was not easily available and people were physically more active.
- There are now enriched and fat foods available everywhere and sugar is added in almost all processed foods.
- Most people spend most of the day seated in front of a computer.
Do I need to lose weight?
Many people insist they need to lose weight, whether they are overweight or not. The truth is, very few people are happy with the shape and size of their bodies, regardless of whether or not they need to lose weight. According to statistics from Public Health England, nearly two-thirds of adults in England need to lose weight because they are overweight or obese.
You may need to lose weight if you:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more
- Are a man with a waist circumference that exceeds 37 inches
- Are a woman with a waist circumference that exceeds 32 inches
- Have a high body fat percentage for your age and sex
- Have pain in your joints (excess weight puts greater stress on joints)
- Have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
How to calculate your BMI
- Firstly, find your weight in kilograms and your height in metres - e.g. weight = 50 kg height = 1.8
- Multiply your height by itself - e.g. 1.8 x 1.8 = 3.24
- Divide your weight by that figure - e.g. 50 ÷ 3.24 = 15.4
- 15.4 is a BMI that is below the healthy body weight range
It is unhealthy to be overweight or obese because you have a higher risk of developing/suffering from:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
Being heavier than average can also have social repercussions, including discrimination, verbal or emotional bullying and even physical abuse. This stigma can intensify the feelings of shame and inadequacy that can lead to:
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-confidence
If you are overweight it is important that you lose weight for health reasons. However, you must be realistic about your goals. The media is tied in with the western idea of beauty. People are constantly looking for “quick fixes” such as diet pills, fad weight loss diets and tough exercises.
Many studies have proven that diets only work if you stay on diet forever, stop eating some foods for several years and start again is not the solution that is why diets do not work. And there is no quick way to lose weight. Losing weight takes time, patience and determination.
How many kilograms / Pounds can I lose per Month?
Every person is different, so there is no way to say for sure how much weight you should lose when following a weight loss program, but a safe and realistic goal is ½ kg /1 pound to 1kg / 2 pounds per week.
When you start a new weight loss program, you may experience faster rapid weight loss initially, but that weight loss tends to slow down as your body gets used to the plan. If you stick to the program for the long-term even if during the weeks that you do not lose the expected weight you will reach your goal.
Why am I not losing weight?
Lots of people try and fail to lose weight for a number of reasons. These reasons are often unconscious, making it hard to overcome them. Hypnotherapy for weight loss aims to expose these reasons, allowing you to finally break through barriers that may have been preventing you from losing weight for many years.
Common reasons that might making it hard to lose weight include:
- Your comfort eating. That chocolate bar (or other food) that makes you feel better.
- You eat mindlessly. Sugar drinks, alcohol, snacks and sweets out of your meals.
- Amount of food. You eat too much during your meals.
- Type of food You eat too much processed food or foods too high in calories.
In order to lose weight, you have to be completely conscious about how much you eat and the type of food you eat. Even when you keep a food diary or use a food-tracking app, it is easy to forget about the odd snack here and there.
How will hypnotherapy help you?
- It will change the idea of your actual body to create the image of your fitted body.
- It will change how you feel to give you new feelings of your new look and health.
- Give you the necessary motivation to reach your goal effortlessly.
- Be with you every time to insure your commitment.
- Make you like some foods that are important to your alimentation.
- Make you dislike food that you should not eat.
- Eliminate old habits that are jeopardising your determination.
- Create new habits that will make you not only reach your goal but also be healthier.
- Give you the confidence and support that you need when your life is not going as you would like
These visualisations and many, many more are designed to empower you so that you can take control of your choices. It will make you change your behaviour, you will learn to enjoy the taste of healthy food and stop craving sugary and fatty foods.
You will also learn to enjoy your body and not see it as a source of anxiety. By tackling those deep feelings that form the foundations of your eating habits, hypnotherapy will make you adopt a healthier lifestyle and a happier mind set. My weight lose program is made for you to enjoy the process throughout.